Parents and Friends Association
Updated: 11th Oct 2017
JMSS Parents and Friends Association (PFA)
The Parents and Friends Association (PFA) is for parents and friends of JMSS students to get together with a fun supportive atmosphere.
You are invited to join our diverse group of committed supporters. We meet once a month and run events throughout the year. You are welcome to come to one or all of our events and meetings. We look forward to your contribution and welcome you to the JMSS PFA community.
You can pay your PFA membership fee along with your school fees.
If you would like to get in touch with the PFA in between meeting times, please email us at email@example.com
Fundraising - Entertainment Book
If you haven’t already purchased your NEW 2017 | 2018 Entertainment Membership this year, this is your chance to support us and be rewarded with over $20,000 of valuable offers!
TOP 5 reasons to love your Entertainment Membership
1. You will be supporting John Monash Science School fundraising! We receive 20% of the purchase price for every Entertainment Membership sold.
2. You can enjoy hundreds of up to 50% OFF and 2-for-1 offers from some of the best fine dining restaurants, popular cafés and family restaurants in your area.
3. You’ll be ‘entertained’ all year long with valuable cinema, activities and theme park offers.
4. Treat yourself to discounted eGift Cards from national retailers like David Jones, Woolworths, rebel and much more.
5. Discover new places with more than 2,000 hotels and resorts, with exclusive accommodation offer
The Entertainment Digital Membership puts the value of the traditional Entertainment Book into your Apple or Android device, and also allows you to:
- Show and save using your Apple or Android device, with no Card or Voucher to present
- Search for nearby businesses in the Entertainment program
- Search for specific businesses by name, location or dining category
- Share your Membership with another family member
Please share the unique link with family and friends via your Facebook or other social media. Many people purchase this book - ask them to consider buying through us and help the school. https://www.entertainmentbook.com.au/orderbooks/1n95048
PFA Meetings - all welcome
PFA meetings are held at 7pm on Tuesday nights at John Monash Science School on the ground floor. We look forward to seeing you in 2017:
- 14th November.
PFA Committee for 2017
- Presidents - Julie Challinor and Debbie Doyle
- Vice-Presidents - Liz Mekken
- Treasurer - Liz Helmerson
- Secretary - Gayle Sachs
- Fundraising - Neda Erjaei
Previous events have included:
- social events;
- movie afternoons;
- guest speakers;
- welcome lunches;
- coffee mornings;
- second-hand book and uniform sales;
- Harmony Day;
- cookie dough drives; and
- sausage sizzles.
Second-hand uniform and books
Second-hand uniform sales are a great way to pick up some new items for summer, or replace anything that's been lost over the year. Once you've bought your uniform it's a great idea to label your uniform with your name, and all lost property is sent to the JMSS office for pick-up.
A great PFA initiative has been the addition of the online second-hand uniform shop, allowing buying and selling all year round for uniforms, calculators, books, musical instruments and more. For more information about the online shop please see Second-hand Uniform.
To work in cooperation with the School Council and the Principal to:
- provide opportunities for parents to get to know each other and to be informed about the school;
- raise funds for the benefit of the school; and
- provide support to parents in the understanding of the educational and emotional needs of their children.
Fundraising that we undertake will make a real difference at JMSS. Some initial items on the “wish list” include musical instruments, science equipment and library books. We would also like to eventually fund a mini bus!
Join our PFA community on Facebook www.facebook.com/JMSSpfa
Support JMSS Fundraising
Ritchies Supermarket Cards
When shopping at Ritchies you can use a community benefit card linked to John Monash Science School, and Ritchies will donate 0.5% of the money you spend to JMSS. These cards can be used at ANY Ritchies store throughout VIC, NSW and QLD by staff, students and their families, grandparents, neighbours – anyone!
If you would like to support our School and don’t already have a Community Benefit card then please collect one here at the office anytime until the end of May (they are already linked to JMSS and ready to use). Alternatively you can collect one at the registers next time you shop at Ritchies and nominate John Monash Science School - it’s that easy! Use your card every time you shop. Even if you only purchase a couple of items it all adds up.
Click here to download a list of store locations (PDF 716KB).
Aussie Farmers Direct
Did you know that you can get home delivery of milk, eggs, meat, smallgoods, fruit juices and vegetables? Aussie Farmers Direct will donate 2% of sales of JMSS community customers to our school. Several JMSS parents and staff already use Aussie Farmers Direct for this convenient and obligation-free service. We encourage you to consider this service, and if you are already a customer, to indicate your support to JMSS.
It’s 100% Australian produce, fresh, and convenient. If you want to know more, have a look at www.aussiefarmers.com.au.
Your participation in this service will speed us to achieving some of our fundraising goals. It will also save you a lot of time! To try this service, please complete the form at the Aussie Farmers website and return to the office at school.
- Educational workshop with Leonie Kronberg "Supporting gifted and highly able students to reach their full potential";
- Bunnings sausage sizzle fundraiser at Bunnings Oakleigh;
- Cinnamon Club Bollywood evening at Cinnamon Club;
- Year 10 Orientation Day BBQ.