John Monash Science School (JMSS) is home to a state-of-the-art broadcast studio. The JMSS studio houses a specialist floor-to-ceiling green screen allowing the composition of digital backdrops and virtual backgrounds in your recordings. Currently used for a multitude of purposes including: creating dynamic virtual learning experiences for students and adults, filming of instructional material, interactive web broadcasting, webinars and digital media campaigns, the JMSS studio comes fully equipped with active control room. The control room allows for full studio talk-back, datavideo delay for live-streaming, a 16 channel audio mixing console and most importantly is professionally operated by an experienced JMSS Studio Producer.
JMSS Studio is fully equipped with
- Presenter’s desk for 3-4 persons with rear bench and curtain backdrop
- 3 x Blackmagic Micro studio cameras with Olympus ED 12-50mm lenses with ‘on air’ camera LEDs and an overhead Vaddio ceiling camera
- Multi display and ‘On Air’ monitors
- 2 x Sennheiser headset discreet radio microphones, Sennheiser lapel microphone and overhead shotgun microphone
- Desktop Behringer microphones available with desk stands
- iMac computer for presentations and/or scripting with audio transmission playback
- Green screen skye comprising of floor and curved corner wall
- Blackmagic Micro studio camera with Olympus ED 12-50mm lenses
- Ceiling mounted and continuous lighting for both areas
- Green screen TV monitor
- Shotgun microphones with stands, coffee table and seating available for panel setups
Bookings will be accepted in 2 Hour increments.
John Monash Science School is not responsible for organising clearances or releases. The producer of the broadcast event must organise talent release (i.e. photograph, voice recording, performances, poses, acts, plays and appearances in the form of picture, photograph, silhouette and other reproductions of their physical likeness) OR rights to artwork and music used in the production.
JMSS Community, Monash University and CSIRO - $200 + GST per hour
Other Clients - As approved - $300 + GST per hour
After hours, weekend or holidays attract penalty rates and are subject to availability.
For bookings or to arrange an on-site visit contact
Amanda Stephens, Manager Outreach and Strategic Partnerships
Phone: 03 99020289
Conference Venue and Seminar Space
John Monash Science School provides a unique backdrop for businesses and organisations interested in a conference or seminar space that is affordable, equipped with a range of audio visual equipment, high-speed wifi access and a highly configurable space.
Located on the corner of Dandenong and Wellington Rd at Monash University’s Clayton Campus, the School is well serviced by public transport connections and inter-campus shuttle buses.
Monash University’s website contains up-to-date parking maps and guidance for those who prefer to use private transport.
We welcome enquiries and are able to work with our catering partners to ensure a range of event types are a success. Please contact our Facilities Manager for more information and to arrange a site visit.