The Co-Curricular Program runs between 1:30 pm and 3:30 pm on Wednesday afternoons every week. It is a valued part of the curriculum and offers our students a rich and diverse range of activities which open up new opportunities and experiences away from academic study. It offers students the chance to work in teams, learn new skills and develop leadership. It is a key part of the Year 10 and 11 Curriculum and helps us to develop the “whole person” at John Monash Science School.
There are two restrictions on the selections that you are able to make in Year 10. These are:
- If you are doing French or Japanese as a Language other than English (LOTE) you need to complete at least one accredited IT elective;
- If you are doing French or Japanese as a Language other than English you cannot choose another LOTE to study in the Co-Curricular Program.
There is a combination of co-curricular electives from which you can choose to participate in during 2015:
- 1 x 1 year-length option;
- 1 x 1 semester-length option and 1 x 1 term-length option (note any specific scheduling);
- 3 x 1 term-length option.
Some options require application and/or special information. These are marked with *. Please contact our co-curricular coordinator Ben Delves by email to find out further information about these options and submit your applications at email@example.com
Learning to Be
- A Capella Choir *;
- Jazz Funk Rock Band;
- Strings Orchestra *;
Learning to Do
- Group Fitness;
- Volleyball *;
- Elite Sport *.
Learning to Know
- The Internet of Things;
- Open Ended Programming;
- Little Scientsist - Big Science (a science mentor program working with students in Year 6 at local primary schools) *;
- Robocup Rescue Secondary;
- Robocup Junior GEN II Soccer Secondary;
Learning to Live Together
- Positive Psychology;
- Community Service;
- Model United Nations;
- Cake Decorating;
- Warhammer 40K / Tabletop Gaming;
- VET (Vocational Education and Training) *;
- Environment / Gardening Club;
- LOTE (Languages Other Than English).
* These options require application and/or special information.